Sunday, July 20, 2014

Why this blog?

This blog has been created as a journey of healing for me after the devastating loss of my daughter, Anna Danielle.  She was 23 weeks and 2 days old in my womb when my husband, Eddie, and I lost her.  We are still not sure yet what caused the pre-term labor, but are hoping to find some answers when we meet with the doctor who was at the delivery at follow up appointment on August 5th.

Eddie and I were married for 8 months when we discovered that we were going to have a precious baby, who we later found out to be a girl.  We immediately named her Anna Danielle.  We had no idea that her name would be so absolutely perfect for an angel.

I find healing in writing and sharing my thoughts.  In addition to that, I'm hoping this blog will be used as a ministry...to help and network with other mothers and families who have lost a child to preterm labor or miscarriage, and also to witness to others about the love and mercy of God.

Eddie and I have been so very blessed with many, many caring friends, family and strangers who have reached out to support us in prayer and love.  We recognize that as a tremendous gift.  And we will always be thankful to those who have helped us through this pain and loss.

These blog entries will be used to express ways that I am dealing with the loss of Anna Danielle and to reveal the ways in which God helps my family and I heal.

We now have a saint in Heaven who is praying for us.  And we look forward to the day that we will meet our daughter face to face with our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Anna Danielle, pray for us.

Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, since you mentioned that you hope to use this blog in part as a way to network with other families who have lost a little one, I wanted to send you a link to this blog. This family just lost their baby boy to a preterm premature rupture of membranes this past week. He was at 21 weeks gestation. Perhaps you can be helped in your own journey toward healing by reading this mother's posts, and vice versa: http://www.houseunseen.com/2013/07/nicholas.html
    We are thinking of and praying for you often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will check out their website.
    ~Carrie

    ReplyDelete